Backstage with the 5 Second Rule
I have had the opportunity to be apart of a lot of corporate events at the Opryland hotel. One of my most recent jobs has to be one of my favorites. One of the speakers was one of my favorite authors Mel Robbins. If you are unfamiliar with Mel Robbins she is the author of the best selling book"The Five Second Rule". You might also recognize her from CNN. My favorite part of being a makeup artist is that you get the opportunity to be up close and have conversations with CEOs, authors, entertainers and etc. I love studying and learning how successful people think. So it was amazing to pick Mel Robins brain during hair and makeup.
Things I learned from working with Mel.
1. Your energy matters. The energy you bring with you in a room, situation and relationship is the most important thing. This little thing determines your success.
2. To level up, you have to do something out of your comfort zone. Never stop learning. Never stop growing.
3. It's okay to say no to things that do not serve you. Do more of what energizes you and less of what drains you.
4. Discover the power inside your story and share it with the world.
5. Find the message in the mess. What is happening to you isn't random. It trying to teach you something.
Thanks, Mel for a great couple of days. Can't wait for what I know is up next for you.